Earlier this year, our local NHS Trust was deemed to be failing and placed under Special Measures by the Care Quality Commission. Our NHS in Redbridge is being badly failed by the Tory-led government:
- David Cameron and Lee Scott promised that there would be no forced closures under a Conservative government, but the Tories closed the maternity unit at King George Hospital.
- We have the largest catchment area for A&E in London with the worst performing service, but the Tories have announced the closure of A&E at King George Hospital.
- Women have been forced to endure a poor standard of service at Whipps Cross.
- Redbridge has the lowest number of GPs per head, which is making it harder to get an appointment.
- And Redbridge has the lowest spending on public health north of the river Thames, even though obesity and diabetes are serious problems.
There is an alternative. David Cameron’s Conservatives, supported by Lee Scott on every vote, has wasted over £3 billion on a top-down reorganisation of the NHS, which nobody voted for and has imposed closures on our local hospital services – breaking a manifesto commitment.
Under Labour, waiting times were at record lows and patient satisfaction was at record highs. We have pledged to reverse David Cameron’s privatisation agenda and restore trust in local services.
We will continue to fight to save A&E at King George Hospital. To back our campaign, sign the petition below. We’ll let you know about any developments and public meetings on the issue.